Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day

Hmmm...lots to report.

Lily's sleepover party was last night. She had a total of 9 little girls here and 8 who spent the night. The air conditioning upstairs was not working. So we all slept downstairs. At first, this seemed like a huge obstacle with that many girls here, but it all worked out fine. They spread their sleeping bags all over the den and around 10:00 began watching Enchanted while munching on popcorn and by 11:45 everyone was asleep. They woke up at 6:15 and were ready for breakfast (Krispy kreme doughnuts) at 7:00. Lily and her friends even made John and I bowls of cereal as a surprise. As Lily presented it to us, she said "thanks for everything you've done"!!!!!!! Wow, that made it all worth it and then some. The last little girl left at 10:00. At times, it was very loud and silly, but overall it all went well and Lily loved every minute of it. Pictures to come as soon as I get the energy to put them on the computer.


Today, we are enjoying a beautiful sunny day while admiring the pool. The guys came out yesterday and finished filling the pool with water while another fella worked all day checking out the various pumps, filter, skimmers, etc. We will probably be able to take an official plunge (weather permitting) by mid-week! Exciting.


And, I want to end with a little ode to my mother. Every day as a mom I realize how much my own mother did for me. The unconditional love she gave me even when it was difficult. The simple to extravagant gestures she made just for me. My mom is the best. She still is my confidante and one of my best friends. I love her and hope that her Mother's Day is wonderful!!! (a photo of my mom with her mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment