Thursday, September 13, 2007

09.13.07

Ok here is a tip for the day...back up your computer's hard drive on an external drive/portable flash!!! Go to the store and buy one and do it NOW!!! Really! Why....because my desktop's hard drive died today and I lost a few bits of important info. Good news - my photos are always being backed up at the end of the month. Also, here is a good tip: upload your photos to a site like Winkflash or Snapfish and you'll have them all there waiting for you even if they are lost on your dead hard drive! Main things I lost were recipes, PTA stuff (although I have hard copies of that), and my iTunes library. So, back it up!!! The guy at Dell was so kind when he told me..."well, you'll just need a new hard drive because everything else is working fine". That was funny...you mean my monitor, keyboard and mouse are all working just fine??? Really? Wow, that's great news, because a hard drive is oh so cheap to replace in comparison. Please benefit from my unfortunate experience and get it all on a backup copy. I know I have read this same tip from others about 4-5 times in the last month and I did not heed their advice.

On a happy note, this little girl had a great day at school. And, tomorrow is Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment