Friday, January 20, 2006

01.20.06

I just finished and printed a five page document to assist my MIL and parents on the care of my two daughters! I think that sounds ridiculous. These people have raised 7 children among them and can easily care for two small children. But, being the control freak that I am, I insisted upon leaving a detailed list of their daily agenda and a phone book full of numbers for them. We leave tomorrow morning...early...for our cruise. I am excited, nervous, and giddy all at the same time.

Shelly had her two year check-up yesterday and we are once again being referred to a therapist. This time we are headed for a speech evaluation. Shelly's vocab at 2 is somewhere between 10 and 20 words. At the same age, Lily was up around 65-70 words. So, I understand that Shelly is a bit behind, but I also feel she understands and communicates with us, beautifully. All of these referrals are getting old and I am consumed with the idea that Shelly is different. As a teacher for 10 years, I told myself (prechildren) that I would not dismiss someone who thought my child might need help in an area. So, I am being proactive and planning to go to the speech therapist. And, as a result I hope that it will just be another little blip in her happy and content life.


Here is a picture of Shelly on her birthday with her set of golf clubs from sissy. These were hand me downs and definitely her favorite item.

No comments:

Post a Comment