Sunday, February 05, 2006

02.05.06



I had a revelation tonight at the mall with my family. Shelly was riding in one of those little "car" rides that takes 50 cents and stutters in one place back and forth. Lily then decided she would take a whirl at one of the mechanical vehicles. As I watched my 5.5 year old climb inside and sit while the car ran its course, I realized she is now too big for this type of thing. Both from a physical and mental standpoint. And this made me sad. How many times had we walked by these little cars, motorcycles, boats and been begged to take a spin on them, only to tell her, "no, not now"? So, those little moments fly by you and you can miss them if you blink long enough. Today, I vowed that every time Shelly asks to ride one, the coins will quickly be put in the slot and she will take her little whirl on the buggy. Because life reallly is short and what is life without a few whirls and spins?!

Here are my girls...getting bigger, smarter, and more interesting every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment