Monday, August 28, 2006

08.28.06

So, today marks the first day of classes for my niece who just went off to college. Lily wore her ODU t-shirt to school today in Kaitlin's honor. Here she is with Shelly giving her a big Monarch cheer: And the digiscrapped version:

I am so proud of Lily and her school work. She has been a reading machine the past few days and really impressing me with her comprehension and retention. Those are two areas that I feel are so important to tackle early on in the reading process. I hope she will continue to excel in these areas.

Shelly has been a little jewel to be around the last couple of weeks. I think she is enjoying being able to chat uninterrupted since sissy is at school. Now she can actually get a word in edgewise between mommy and Lily.

Tomorrow is the first general PTA meeting. My official secretarial duties will come into play and I will be responsible for taking the minutes...wish me luck! LOL

On a happy note, tonight I prepared one of my all-time favorite meals as a kid...breakfast for dinner. We enjoyed pancakes, eggs, and bacon. Lily loved every minute of it and I decided it will be a fun new event for us at dinnertime.

1 comment:

  1. Grea layouts - and your daughters are gorgeous (great name choice too even if the spelling is a little off LOL :)

    shelleyrae

    ReplyDelete