Monday, September 11, 2006

09.11.06

Remembering and hoping that we are practicing the lessons learned from that day...

On September 11th, 2001, I was at home with my then 1 year-old little girl. She was sleeping and I was on the computer. John came online and told me to go turn on the tv that something had happened in NYC involving a plane. I quickly got to the tv to see what was happening and continued watching as the many events unfolded. I remember speaking to my mom and asking her...what is going on mom?...I was scared and even at 35 I wanted the reassurance of my mother.

So, today I hope I remember the lessons I was being taught that day. I hope I love my family more and I let them know that. I hope that I give more of me and demand less of others. I hope I will always want and need the love and support of my parents and those I love. I hope that I remember to say "good bye" and "I love you" as I end conversations. I hope that I will always have hope...because on that day I wasn't so sure I would ever feel hopeful. But, today I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment