Thursday, October 11, 2007

10.11.07


Today is Tasty Thursday! I wanted to include my recipe for carrot cake that came from my sister-in-law, Mary Katherine. It is so yummy. I made it last night for our anniversary. It's John's favorite cake recipe. Ironically the Tasty Thursday leader also published her carrot cake recipe today...so fun to see all the variations out there.

Carrot Cake

Mix together 2 cups of sugar and 4 eggs. Add in 6 teaspoons of cinnamon, 2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking soda, 1 1/2 cups of vegetable oil, 1 cup chopped pecans, and 3 cups pf shredded carrots. Pour into a greased 9x13 and bake at 325 for 50 minutes. Let cool.

Icing:

1 1/3 box of confectioner's sugar

1 1/3 stick of butter

2 - 8 oz. cream cheese

1 1/3 teaspoon vanilla

Beat until smooth. This is a ton of frosting! I made half of this recipe and had more than enough frosting.

The photo above is from the anniversary carrot cake I made for hubby wubby last night. Check out the Pumpkin Patch for more terrific recipes on Thursdays!!!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm sounds and looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete