Tuesday, October 16, 2007

10.16.07

I think I left things hanging with my previous post and for that I apologize. I just needed to get some stuff out of my head and it seemed to fall into the blog. Here's a little recap from yesterday:

After dropping off Lily at the bus stop, I was in my golf cart with Shelly and we were stopped next to another golf cart talking to a friend when a car coming towards us came on to our side of the road and hit us head on. Shelly came out of the accident with only a minor bruise on her chin and cheek. I ended up with some bruises all over, a swollen face, and stitches in my lip. My neighbor/friend was thrown from her cart and was bruised on her entire left side and injured her back. The golf cart was totalled, but we came through the whole ordeal with minor injuries in comparison to the situation. It was the most frightening event in my life. In the 3 seconds where I realized we were going to be hit, I wrapped Shelly into my body and thought..."this is going to change my life forever." Physically, I think we are lucky that the injuries will not be lifelong changes. Mentally, I think this will change the way I view life. I will worry less about the negative and concentrate more on the people I love. It is true that life is short, accidents happen, and things can change in an instant.

The moral of this story: capture life in your hands, hold it tight, and cherish every moment...really!

No comments:

Post a Comment