Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Holiday Happenings

So far this season, we have been to several Christmas parties, seen Santa, toured the lights in town, went Christmas caroling, counted down on the Advent calendar, hidden Shelf Elf every night, made and decorated sugar cookies, donated toys, wrapped gifts, and spent time together as a family.




There are still several more fun activities planned...a cookie decorating party and gift exchange with the girls' friends. School finishes up tomorrow afternoon for both girls.




Today, I have completed 5 loads of laundry (washed, dried, folded, and put away), made 24 mini muffins and 6 large muffins, made snow drop cookies, made magic reindeer food and created a fun bag topper for it, colored my roots (hair), put together a holiday food gift for Lily's principal and the office staff, set out clothes to be packed for the girls and me, cleaned the downstairs bathroom and a bit of the upstairs bathrooms, and worked on two of three embroidery gifts.




So, now I need to finish up just a few little items and we will be all set. I am beginning to feel a little peace about all of this and for me that's very good. I am definitely a type A person and keeping us all organized and on schedule can be exhausting. Nice to know it is slowing down and I am ready for the season.




For a fun little neighborhood gift, combine oatmeal, sugar, and green/red sugar crystals to make reindeer food. Place it in a bag and include this little topper for a fun gift. Here's the bag topper for the reindeer food. Feel free to right click, save, and print if you want it. It is 5.5" x 4". Check out Rocks in my Dryer for more terrific holiday ideas.

1 comment: