Thursday, December 27, 2007

Holly Jolly

It has been a wonderful holiday. We arrived in Virginia Beach on Saturday afternoon and spent some time with John's family. Then headed to my parent's home. My niece and nephew came over and we played several rounds of Boggle...fun game and Lily did well with it, too.

Sunday I finished up shopping for stocking items and the girls helped me wrap for John and Aunt Sue. Then we were off to John's sister's house where the girls were spending the night with their cousins. John and I had a great evening hitting the hot spots we love most in VB and meeting up with our good friends, the Kings.

Monday we celebrated Christmas Eve with John's family with lots of good food, drink, and laughs. John's nephew received a car for Christmas from his mom (John's sister). It was so fun to witness his surprise when he saw it. The girls had so much fun checking out their new gifts and thanking everyone. After the celebrating, we headed back to my parent's for the Christmas Eve rituals...cookies and milk for Santa, reindeer food on the front lawn, stuffing stockings for the adults, and good night kisses.

Christmas day was perfect. The girls loved their surprises and had a great time opening presents one by one and watching the reactions as we all received our presents. We had a yummy brunch and then we headed to my sister's home for some game playing...Catch Phrase...and more food!!! John left for Summerfield on Tuesday night. He played in a golf tournament on Wednesday morning.

We went to Krissy's basketball game last night and had a good time watching her play. The girls and I will leave on Friday morning with my sister and niece. It has been a nice time with family, but I am eager to be in my own home and clear away all of the traces of the holidays as we move forward into 2008. I am expecting great and happy things in the new year. Of course, I'll be back with many photos from the holiday events once I am home. Holly Jolly to one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment