Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve

I have a few more photos to share of the girls that my mom just emailed me. So, here are the pictures:

The girls and I did a little shopping today. Went to The Children's Place and Lily bought a pair of leggings and a top with her own money. Then on to Claire's where she used a gift card and her own money to buy three pairs of earrings and some lip gloss. It was fun to watch her so excited about her purchases and the feeling of spending her own cash. We also went to Costco and I picked up some shrimp to use in my new deep fryer. I found a cute winter jacket for Shelly (that's not too puffy) and got a few other little items here and there.


Got home and took down the outdoor decorations and boxed them up. I have been spending some time neatly storing the Christmas items and labelling things so that next year it will all be a breeze! :)


Tonight we are heading to our neighbor's for a kids' get together from 6-9. Should be fun for them. I am hoping to come home and attempt to stay awake until midnight. We'll see how that goes.


I am thinking about my New Year's Resloution. Last year I went with one word...simplify. I loved thinking about this throughout the year and attempting to keep myself on schedule with the idea. I think that I will try to go with another one word resolution. I find that things like...eating healthy, exercising more, organizing...just make me feel bad about myself if I don't accomplish them. And trust me I put enough guilt on myself without setting myself up for it.
So...drum roll, please...the word for this year is: Serenity (and I think I might include Simplify with it, as well). I am hoping to find peace in all areas of my life...friends, family, chores, obligations, fun, etc. So, Serenity it is.
Here's hoping that you have a Serene and Simple New Year. Happy 2008!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment