Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dean DeCarlis


When I was in 6th grade, this fella really got my heart pumping. His name was Dean DeCarlis and he was absolutely adorable. He had sandy blonde hair, a great tan, and the most beautiful blue eyes. I think he jump started my boy crazy fever. I worshiped him throughout 6th and 7th grade. Eventually, I got over him. I really don't even remember him once we hit junior high in the 8th grade. And by 10th grade, we were both at different high schools.
So, as I rummage through my old photos to scan them, little bits of my history come back to haunt me. When I look at this photo I don't really pay much attention to the skinny boy in the photo, but I reflect on the person that I was at the time. I was a young girl who was skinny, had acne, wore glasses, and had braces...wow, could I sound much more awkward!!?? Anyway, I was insecure and so hopeful that someday somewhere I would find a fantastic boy who would love me. And, I did. It just wasn't Dean DeCarlis.

1 comment:

  1. Hi - Happy April 1st! I had to laugh when I saw this picture - it is my husband! hahaha He was quite flattered. He looks the same but lack of hair :) I will have to send you a recent pix -

    ReplyDelete