Wednesday, January 30, 2008

WFMW


Today I have a really simple idea that I came up with yesterday. While I was helping Lily with her homework, I baked some chicken breasts. I had sprinkled them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then put them in a greased pan and baked at 350 for about 40 minutes. I took the chicken out and then cut/diced it into tiny pieces. This chicken is now ready for whatever I want to do with it. Here are a few ideas: put some in a freezer bag and freeze to have on hand in the future, use it in the yummy quesadillas, for chicken salad, for the buffalo chicken dip this Sunday, and so many more uses. It was easy and helped me to be ready for some quick meals during the week and beyond. Check out Rocks in My Dryer for more great ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! I love prepping things ahead of time, especially meat and most especially chicken. Isn't it nice to pull already cleaned and cut (and even browned) chicken from the freezer after a busy day?

    ReplyDelete