Thursday, April 24, 2008

42 on 24

(Image courtesy of this site)


Today, I turn 42 on the 24th of April! Like the idea of the reverse numbers and feel that must mean I am destined for exciting things this year! When you turn the age of your birthdate they call that your golden birthday. I think I will call this my nedlog birthday...get it??? Golden backwards! Anyway. If you know me well, you know that I adore my birthday and always have. I love everything about it. I love that it means the beginning of new things and I love that I have some experience behind me. I have never been a gal to wish for past years of my life. I guess I am lucky enough to have always loved the life I'm living right now.




So, today I had a pedicure and got my car washed. Came home and finished up Lily's birthday invitations for her sleepover. I downloaded the invites from Justiceforgirls.com and then used DIP to put the info on them and printed them in 4x6 size. Then I created little 5.5"x7.5" pillows from facric scraps I had and filled them with polyfil. I attached a little ribbon to the cards to pull them out of the pillow. She will hand deliver them to her friends. I am happy with the design of them. (Blanked out the addy and the phone number)









Tonight, we will celebrate the day with an icecream cake from Carvel's and some gifts from the girls. Looking forward to that time with them and John. Off to enjoy the 80 degree weather and sunshine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Came across your blog awhile ago....LOVE these b-day invites! Hopefully someday I have a girl, and I can use this idea :)

    ReplyDelete