Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"Catch Me I'm Fallin'..."

Today we took Lily to the pediatrician for her 8 year-old check up. Everything went fine and we got some advice about her frequent ear issues/allergies. She was due for her second round of shots for Hepatitis A and we didn't know that she would be getting a shot during this visit. When the nurse arrived with the needle and prepared her arm for the shot, she was a bit dazed and had me hold her hand during the procedure. When it was all over I could see a look on her face that didn't seem quite right. I asked if she was okay and she nodded yes. We left the examining room and headed for the Exit sign. As we turned the corner she fell flat on her face...not really fell, but fainted. The nurses were all there at the nurses' station and they quickly scooped her up and took her to a room. They brought her an ice pack, water, and cookies and set her up with her legs in the air. Soon she came to and finally spoke. All the time, Shelly was in tears watching her sister fall. It was quite a dramatic exit, but I am happy to report she is doing fine now. Poor little girl.

Here she is later in the day wearing her Justice shorts from grandpa and grandma
Shelly holding her dog carrier and worrying about Lily...still
On another less exciting note, I attempted to create a pillow from a photo that had been printed on fabric. It isn't the most beautiful, but it is full of heart and soul. And, of course, two of my favorite photographic subjects.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Karol! I'm glag Lily is ok! Did they say why she fainted? Just the unexpected nature of the shot? Love that Shelly...worried. So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete