Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Fave Color Combo

One of my favorite color combos has always been black and pink. I vividly remember wearing these two hues together when I went to a college night in high school with my mom and dad. That was back in the early 80s when fairly odd clothes styles were all the rage. I wonder if my parents were embarrassed to be with me that night at the Pavilion? Anyway...I think my black and pink love affair comes from my mother's love of dressing me in pink as a baby. Today it's still my favorite color. And, my love of black started at an early age. I was about 12 and shopping with my mother in Pittsburgh. I picked out the perfect black dress and was quickly shot down by mom. She was not going to purchase a black dress for a 12 year old.Funny. So, I guess I took those colors and somehow combined them in my head to represent all that was me...a little baby girl in pink and a gawky 12 year old attempting to be fashion forward in black.




When I saw the girls together in these outfits I knew I needed a photo. So, here they are rockin' the pink and black (oh, and yes, I let my 4 and 8 year old girls wear black...all the time!):

1 comment:

  1. I let my girls wear black all the time. Of course your girls look just beautiful in pink and black.

    ReplyDelete