Saturday, February 14, 2009

Love

Happy Day of Love!!!


Yesterday was the Valentine's Day party in Lily's classroom. I made cinnamon streusel muffins, pink chocolate hearts, and brought in Dorito's. The craft was a shrinky dink tag/pendant/key chain. The children really seemed to enjoy this craft and loved watching the little plastic curl and shrink. Lily and Shelly took in their teacher gifts (treat bags and little red photo albums wrapped in craft paper with some embellishments). Once home it was time to go through the bags of Valentine's. The girls love looking at their cards and treats.





This morning we opened cards and gifts and ate heart shaped cinnamon rolls (just unroll the canned rolls and recreate in the shape of a heart). The house was adorned with hearts galore.I created my own little shrinky dink tags to put on my key chain. I heart them!!!!

Oh, and my glorious gift from my hubby wubby...he took my car yesterday and had it detailed!!!!!!!!!! I truly thought he bought me a new car...it looked so good!!!
More photos to come after the big Valentine's Day dinner at the cafeteria!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day so far. We are having heart-shaped pizza for lunch from Papa Murphy's and cupcakes I made yesterday. I love the heart-shaped cinnamon roll idea. I made heart-shaped waffles LAST weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it is, but shrinky dinks are just so magical to me so I guess that means I am really an eight year old girl! Love the Valentine's post.

    ReplyDelete