Friday, July 24, 2009

Funny


My mom had a great sense of humor. When I saw this photo of her a couple of weeks ago it made me smile. I came home, scanned it, and have thought about it many times since I first saw it.
Mainly, I think of it at times when I am feeling her loss the most. It reminds me of her. The funny side of her, the way she laughed, and the great little sarcastic comments she would make.
I know I have said this many, many times, but I really miss my mom. To be honest, there are times when I feel that the loss of my mother is greater than anyone else has ever experienced. It sounds egotistical to think that way, but if you knew my mom, you'd understand how important she was to so many people. That is a rare gift...to be needed and loved by so many.
Her loss is overwhelming to me, but her love and laughter live on in my head and in my heart. Thanks for being funny, mom.

3 comments:

  1. Hugs, Karol!!!

    I don't envy your situation at all.

    I, too, would be absolutely *lost* without my mom. I certainly don't look forward to the grieving process that I'll have to muddle through when that times comes. Just know that you have so many people who care for you and who are willing to offer you a shoulder to cry on.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:51 PM

    I miss Mom everyday.... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((Hugs)))

    Your mom was a very special lady.

    ReplyDelete