Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Listen

My mom was a great listener. Actually, she was the best listener I know. I have always gone to her to talk and she would always encourage our chats. Right now I feel such a huge void in my life. I miss talking to her and hearing in her voice the answers that were filled with love and good advice. My mom really understood me and cared about our conversations. She could offer suggestions without being pushy with her opinion. And her advice was rarely wrong. I have so many things I want to discuss with her and although I could chat for hours with the heavens hoping she could hear me, the lack of response and the silence would be deafening. I miss you mom.
A photo of my mom from my phone---she was listening to me and my sister talk one summer afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment