Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Disconnected Info---

A few strange and diconnected items to chat about today.

Last week, I prepared one of my favorite things---crepes. Ever since I began French in 8th grade, I have loved making crepes. I whip of a batch, stack them with wax paper in between, and keep them in the fridge for as long as they'll last. Here's a little scene of the crepe preparation with my assistant, Shelly:





And here is the super simple recipe I use to make my crepes. Yum!!!!
Classic Crepe Recipe
Beat 2 eggs, 2 T. melted butter, and 1 and 1/3 cup of milk until blended. Gradually add in 1 cup flour and 1/2 t. salt and beat until mixed and smooth. Refrigerate for 2 hours (sometimes I skip this step). Cook crepes for 1 minute on each side.

Lily suffers from allergies and her pediatrician suggested that she take allergy meds from September until May. If you are looking for an inexpensive effective allergy meidcation, this is the one to get---Allerclear from Costco. It is $12.99 for a supply of 300 tablets. Each morning she takes her pill and she has really done well with it. We started on this plan last September and she had a fairly allergy-free school year.

On Sunday, we went to the Champions Tour golf tournament (the Seniors tour). It was played in Hickory, NC and a friend of John's was playing (Mike goodes). It was cool to see him out there with other big names. The girls brought their hats along for an autograph. On the drive to the golf course, Lily read her book and Shelly admired her shoes.

1 comment: