Saturday, November 21, 2009

Gee, I'm A Tree

(That's what the little acorn said when he grew up...from the title above)

When I was in the 9th grade, my mother was my Geometry teacher. I loved that she was my teacher. I did well in her class. It was one of the few math subjects that significantly stuck with me and I understood. I guess maybe it was my teacher...

My mom always had lots of books of geometric images and I loved spending hours sitting and coloring them in various patterns and designs.
When we were sorting through some of my mom's things in March, I found many of her math books and amongst them were the geometric books. I scooped them up and brought them home for the girls. They just recently discovered them and have spent days coloring and designing much like I did as a little girl. I like that. It's another little snippet of my wonderful mom that continues to live in my girls. It's a blessing to have so many fantastic reminders of her in my life. Love you, mom.

1 comment:

  1. I vividly remember having that question asked on a geometry test. I kept sitting there asking myself over and over, "What does this have to do with geometry?" LOL What a nice memory!

    ReplyDelete