Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Mother

As March arrives I am filled with emotions, feelings, and memories about my mother. It has been almost two years since she passed away and at times, I still feel lost without her. I have mentioned it many times, but she was such an awesome listener and presence in my life. She was the person to whom I would divulge my worries, fears, and concerns. It is tough learning how to deal with many of those worries and concerns without her here to listen and offer her good advice.


Photobucket
My parents and the girls

I am making changes in my life and I feel her presence. It is comforting to know she's looking after me and I can rely on that to help me move forward.

I have been told that grief is cyclical and I believe that theory. We come in and out of the stages of grief. There isn't anything linear about it. I think that has helped me to understand that I won't be grieving for a period of time and then it's all over. I will be living with grief. And, although it sounds dramatic and sad, it is the reality of life. We live, we love, and we encounter loss.

But, I look forward to learning how to do all of this living and learning. And I know, that without a doubt, my mother is right there to guide me.

No comments:

Post a Comment