Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cherries and the Sky

We have this really amazing Weeping Cherry tree on the path to our backyard. I love this tree. When the blossoms are on the tree, it is just beautiful.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then the weeping limbs arrive with their bright green leaves.

Photobucket

And...just the other day I noticed a bunch of little orbs with a stem all over the sidewalk near the tree. Sure enough it was a bunch of little cherries. The tree actually has cherries on it. This is the first time we've seen the cherries on the tree.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I did a little research and it appears that some of these cherries are posionous. I am not quite sure about ours but we aren't going to take any chances. But, they sure are cute to see hanging from our tree.



And in other news, the evening skies have been filled with storms and wind. Here is what I saw out my front door the other night.

Photobucket
Kind of creepy and amazingly beautiful all at the same time, huh?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That tree is lovely and how cool that cherries actually came after. Hope you find out you can eat them.

    ReplyDelete