Saturday, June 25, 2011

Daisy

Photobucket
Daisy's first night home


We have been looking for a special kitten for the past 9 months. It has been hard to find just the right kitty to join our home since our loss back in September. 


I've traveled near and far to see many different kitten options. So, when I first saw this sweet little litter of kittens at my neighbor's house, I knew these were the kittens for me (well, us). 


I selected a silky haired blue point Himalayan little girl out of the bunch. She's a purebred kitten with a Himalayan mommy and daddy. We brought her home and she is adapting nicely to her new environment. 



Photobucket
Daisy snuggled in the "mommy" blanket
This was also a favorite blanket of Chloe's :)


And, we named her Daisy. When I was younger I saw the movie, The Great Gatsby, and thought that Mia Farrow was so pretty. And, I especially loved her character's name in the film---Daisy Buchanan. As a young girl, I always wanted to name my daughter Daisy. I chose not go with Daisy (instead naming her Lily!), but I thought it was a perfectly sweet name for our new kitten. So, Daisy it is.

Photobucket
Pretty girl

No comments:

Post a Comment