Thursday, July 07, 2011

Random!

  • I must admit that the day after the 4th of July, we all slept in late and the girls and I stayed in bed for a very long time. We played with Daisy, watched a little TV, and laughed a ton. I have never just lounged around in bed before but I really enjoyed it.
  • Lily and Shelly have been doing some little webisodes this summer. Click here for a link to her blog and some of their shows. I would have been all over doing something like this when I was their age.
  • Photobucket
  • I'm really impressed with how nicely the girls have taken over the responsibilities of owning a kitten. They are both quick to feed her, change her water, and clean out her pan.
  • We went to see Monte Carlo the other day and the girls enjoyed it. I was just kind of okay about it...not my favorite of the MANY kids movies I've seen.
    Photobucket
    This image looks like a turkey and with the words roaster on it, it sounds like a turkey.
  • Have you seen the gigantic marshmallows at Wal-Mart? They are HUGE. I used them to make the oven s'mores the other night. They would be much better toasted over a fire so that they could heat through to the middle.
  • Our dishwasher has been having some issues. John is planning to try and repair the problems. I am secretly hoping that it doesn't work. I would love a new and prettier dishwasher...not a fan of ours.
  • Lily is enjoying her piano lessons and I love listening to her play. She usually practices while I'm in the computer area and it is so fun to hear her playing.
  • Shelly has really stretched her wings in the pool this year. She is jumping in and swimming and overall feeling more confident.
  • With John back out on our golf course, life is a little sweeter and the days spent at our pool are a little happier. That's a welcome and nice change to our lives.
  • I attempted to create something similar to this adorable photo display. Each one of the 12x12s are from Jan-May. I will continue printing out the monthly layouts at Costco and determine a way to hang them. I am aware that my photo display doesn't hold a candle to Meg's.
  • Photobucket Photobucket
  • I love that they both flare their nose in the same way! They are crazy.
  • Photobucket
  • The girls both designed a picture for the American Girl magazine cupcake contest. We mailed it off today. I love that they love to do things like this. I did, too, as a kid.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment