Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Favorite Things in My Town



























So, I saw that Centsational Girl is having a "Favorite Things in My Town" party. So, it made me start thinking about the town that I have lived in for the last 11 years. Hard for me to believe that 11 years ago we left Virginia Beach (where I lived for 28 years) to move away from our families and make a new life in North Carolina. I miss my family and life in VB, but I am learning to embrace where I live now. So, here are three of my favorite things that  about my town:


1. Peaceful and Calm Living:
We live in the country and it's quiet and a great place to raise a family. It takes me 20 minutes to get to the grocery store and 30 minutes to the closest Target. And, I am learning to be okay with that travel distance in exchange for a quiet and happy life on a golf course in the middle of nowhere.
Photobucket


2. Location:
We are right in the central part of North Carolina. That means that we can make it to the mountains in about 3 hours and the beach in about 4 hours. We are 2 hours away from Charlotte, an hour away from Durham, and just a little over an hour away from Raleigh. The perfect locale to travel to all kinds of different areas in our state.
Photobucket





3. Furniture Stores Galore
We are lucky enough to live so close to so many great furniture, fabric, and home decor stores. We are only about 45 minutes from High Point, NC and this is known as the furniture capital of the world. Much of our furniture has come from the Furniture Markets held twice a year in High Point.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your location is perfect. It's great that the mountains and the beach are only a short drive away.

    I'd love to see that giant dresser in High Point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi K. I'm a fellow blogger living in Greensboro! My husband and I love Summerfield. It's one of the areas that we're considering when we downsize in a couple of years. I'm trying to find as many local bloggers as I can for a blogger met up - just lunch on a Saturday somewhere, probably in October. I would love for you to join us. Please shoot me an email for more info if you're interested. Take care.

    ReplyDelete