Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 Remembered

As I think back on that day ten years ago, my most vivid recollection occurred after the plane crashed into the Pentagon building. I picked up the phone and called my mom. At 35 years old, I still wanted to talk to my mom and feel reassured and comforted by her voice. I remember asking her, "what kind of world have I brought my little girl into...what is happening?"


Ten years later, that same little girl has spent the last few days asking me so many questions about 9/11/01. She wants to know all about the events, the people, the stories...and so, we will spend the day remembering those people who were victims of such a horrific tragedy. We will pray for those who lost their lives and for those who were left behind.


God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment