Saturday, November 19, 2011

Regis


I sat and watched the final show with Regis yesterday. I have to admit it brought a tear or two to my eye. I will be sad to see him go. As others have said, he brought lots of laughs into our homes. And sometimes those laughs seemed to come at times when I needed them the most.

When I think about Regis, I remember watching him with Kathie Lee in the late 80s with my mom. We would tape their shows and watch them on the VCR at night. We actually had a VCR that had a corded remote control with it...makes me laugh thinking about that cord running across the den to the couch. My mom was in charge of the remote and when it was time for a commercial I would say to her, "FF!". That meant that she needed to fast forward through the commercials. Together, mom and I had many laughs and shed a few tears while watching Regis. We even discussed his show years later when Kelly Ripa replaced Kathie Lee and I had moved to North Carolina. Over the phone we would talk about the day's guest or some funny thing that happened during the show.

So, I am sad to see an era of Regis end and even sadder that I couldn't watch it with my mom by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment