Sunday, January 01, 2012

2012!!!



Love the numbers in the new year! 


2-0-1-2, so much more appealing to me than 2011. So eager for the new year. Love fresh, new beginnings. 


We took down our Christmas tree this morning and once it was down we had a carpet full of tree needles. We took the tree out the front door and vacuumed up all of the needles left behind. Once the tree was out of there we took down the curtains in our dining room and office. I am planning to replace them, but for the time being I love the big open windows in the front of our house. I may change my mind and leave those windows curtain-free.


Then it was time to head outside and take down the garland around the door and on the front steps, as well as, the mailbox decorations. We also gathered up the net lights and tucked them all into the outdoor lighting box. I did leave the big wreath on the front door and I may just add a few little items to it to make it look a bit wintery. 


Once our chores were complete, the girls and I were off for a walk in the neighborhood. It was a nice temperature out and felt good to take a walk. There's a little path in the back of the golf course that heads through the woods into another neighborhood. It's always a fun adventure to head down the trail. Lily and I both noticed how pretty the little pond was in the woods and what a perfect place it would be for taking photos. Next time we walk, I'll bring the camera.




And now, we are enjoying the first day of the new year snuggled inside watching football, reading books, playing Wii games, and enjoying life.

No comments:

Post a Comment