Sunday, January 15, 2012

Daisy's Brush with Stardom

I just wanted to chronicle how Daisy ended up in the Today Show contest. I like to tape the KLG and Hoda portion of the Today Show and watch it later. So, the girls and I were watching it one afternoon and they announced the Cutest Pet Contest. So, I thought...Daisy's cute, I'll enter her. So with the click of a few buttons I had uploaded three of my favorite Daisy pictures (admittedly they were of her when she was a little kitten at about 4 months old...she's now 8 months old). 


Time passed and I didn't really think of the contest. My only hope was that they might show her in their random line up of animals throughout the week. On Wednesday, the 11th, the people from The Today Show called and emailed asking if Daisy was still available to travel. John actually got the call and assured the woman we were able to travel and that I would just be thrilled to know they had called. Her parting comment on Wednesday was to be sure and watch the show on Thursday. 


John and I waited eagerly for the big announcement and were ecstatic (well I was) when they flashed Daisy's photo on the screen. It was super exciting to hear Kathie Lee comment on little Daisy. From there I began my mass media publicity blitz. I was emailing everyone, posting info to Facebook, and I even tweeted about the contest on Twitter. 


So, as we wait for Monday morning to arrive with the Top 5 results, we are just so happy that Daisy gained a small amount of national attention. No matter the results, we are thrilled that they considered her for the contest and she was included in the top 10.


If you missed the announcement on Thursday, here it is:


No comments:

Post a Comment