Wednesday, June 06, 2012

6 Weeks Post Op

Here is the latest update on the cheilectomy. The surgery was a little over 6 weeks ago and I had a post op appointment on Thursday. The doctor was pleased with my progress. He was surprised I was able to walk around as easily as I was and that I could wear a flip flop (although not his preferred shoe wear for me).


I have some mild discomfort in the toe area and need to continue icing it for 30 minutes a day (not always good about doing that). I spend most of my days in open toed shoes, but I'm looking for something more like my comfy Reeboks for walking purposes. My old ones are just a bit too tight with the toe swelling and not comfortable for wearing. So, I will plan to replace them and get back into walking, soon.


And here is what the toe looks like at 6 weeks with a home pedicure and still lots of dryness:


No comments:

Post a Comment