Saturday, May 04, 2013

My Foot a Year Later

So, it has been a year since my cheilectomy surgery. And here's a little report on how the foot is doing today.

Overall, my foot feels great. I am able to walk with very little discomfort or pain and the scar is almost non existent. I do have a reduced amount of motion with my big toe. This lack of bending movement does affect the shoes I wear and that part is a big bummer. I am fine in most flip flops and flats, but I am limited with heels. That part really gets me down because I'm a heel kind of gal. I am hoping that this summer I can find a comfortable and cute pair of wedges. We'll see how that goes. In the winter, I was able to wear my boots and those were actually really comfy. I feel fortunate that my recovery was relatively quick and painless.

So, I am calling the surgery a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment