Tuesday, August 13, 2013

China Cabinet

When my aunt passed away one of the treasures I received from her home was her corner curio cabinet. I had a perfect corner spot for it and was eager to bring it home.

That pretty little cabinet sat there for about a year and a half before I decided what I wanted to put in it. I just couldn't decide what look I was going for until I saw a picture of Becky Novacek's pretty cabinet filled with her grandmother's china.



When I saw that china peeking out her cabinet it inspired me to pull out my great grandmother's simple and pretty little china set and fill the cabinet with some of those pieces. The only other addition to the china set that I added were two large white platters I have from Crate and Barrel.


Crate and Barrel platter and china place setting



Delicate little pink flowers around the rim of the plates


I was really pleased with the final look and so glad that I displayed these old china pieces, as well as, filled the cabinet with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment