Monday, April 07, 2014

Random Monday

Here are some random items for you on what is a very rainy Monday in North Carolina.

I've just recently discovered the store Five and Below. It's a version of the Dollar Tree but everything is under $5. I bought some hand weights for Lily ($2.50 a piece), duct tape for Shelly ($3.99), an iPhone 5S case for me ($5), and some other random items. Oh, this was one of those things. This dancing Panda (known as Bamboo) just makes me smile as we cruise on down the road!


The Panda was in motion when I took this picture hence the blurry shot

I bought the Bona hardwood floor cleaner and I am really pleased with how well it cleaned and shined my floors.

Daisy popping into the photo on the back of the couch

We opened the pool this weekend and true to form it was very green (kind of electric green). John got busy cleaning it and although the dirt was being picked up the color was still pretty green. So the girls and I ran out for some Shock for the pool to help bring it back to blue. And after only 12 hours with the Shock it is already looking better. Won't be long now and the pool will be sparkling blue and ready for the swimmers.


After opening the pool




With all of the outdoor activity going on here, we decided that we needed to replace the outdoor carpet on the deck. The one we bought last year was fading and just not looking so great. So we switched it out with a new one from Lowe's. The rain was falling heavily when I took this photo, but I'm very happy with the new rug.




And, the old rug found a new home in the garage. May sound a bit odd, but our garage floor can be very slippery when wet. In the summer, the kids are going in and out of the garage for freezer treats and this will hopefully help.




With Spring arriving (FINALLY) we hit our favorite frozen yogurt shop on Saturday!!!




Inside the house, I printed out this cute Audrey Hepburn quote from this site. I posted it on our chevron board and it sits outside of the guest bathroom. 



And, my last random bit for the day...awhile back I bought these curtains from Kirkland's and I really love the zip of pattern they add to the front rooms. A bit tough to see in these rainy day photos.


dining room

office

No comments:

Post a Comment