Thursday, March 19, 2015

Listening


The older I get the more I realize how important it is to have someone really listen to you. To be heard. 

So many times people are thinking of what they want to say next or they're busy drifting off in thought. Or maybe they just want to be heard, too, and just don't really listen. 



My mom was a world class listener. She heard it all. She was genuine about her listening and made thoughtful comments after she had listened. My mom felt okay in the silence. She didn't need to always be the one talking. 

I'm so grateful for that in my life. It's one of the things I miss the most about my mom. But, what I can glean from her example is how important it is to do the same for others. I need to be a better listener myself and help others to be heard. 

Really, I think we all do. Stop and listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment