Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Florida Fun

It had been eight years since we'd made a trip to Florida with the girls. So, we decided to fly to Orlando and hit three theme parks. We went to Sea World, Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Universal Studios.

Waiting for our flight at the Greensboro airport

Sooooooooo Excited!!!!!!

After checking into our hotel room, our first day was spent at Sea World. We loved the Pets Ahoy show and the Shamu performance. Lily and I were brave and went on the Manta roller coaster. It was a fun first day. We ended with dinner at Chevy's and a swim in the hotel pool. 

Ready for Sea World


In the cold penguin display

Lots of Shamu Fun!

Day two we headed to Disney's Hollywood Studios. After carrying our big camera around in Sea World, we opted to just use our iPhones for the remainder of our park photos. 

John and I were able to get on the Tower of Terror with no wait. So, while we did that, the girls went to see the Beauty and the Beast show. Then Lily and John went on the Tower of Terror while Shelly and I did some shopping (Shelly wasn't too excited about the T of T). We were able to go on all the rides we wanted with the longest wait being 40 minutes. It was a fun day and we got in more evening pool time. 

Our girls ready for a day at Disney
Hotel balcony photo

Foster Four ready for some family fun!

John and Shelly walking into Hollywood Studios

Happy at Disney

Streets of New York or Disney???

Are the girls in San Francisco?

Smiles from Hollywood Studios

Uh Oh---"Honey, I Shrunk the Kids!"

Shelly on the Streets of America

Happy girls

The end of the day and ready for the tram

On day three, we headed to Universal Studios. We rode several roller coasters along with a pretty scary Harry Potter ride. There was some rain late in the day so we decided to leave the park. That meant we missed riding on a few rides, but we were all fine with that decision. We stopped for a Chick Fil A dinner and we're back for some swimming and a stop for some sushi in the hotel. We spent the evening relaxing in the pool and the hot tub. Once back in our room, we were treated to a terrific fireworks show from two different theme parks. It was awesome. 

Our hotel pool

Our final day we enjoyed the delicious hotel breakfast buffet and relaxed in the pool. Then it was time to check out and have lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings. We made a quick pit stop at Ross and Marshall's before making it to the airport. We had a quick and smooth direct flight home. Lily drove us home from the airport and we were unpacked by 8:30! 

A successful trip was had by all. 

More photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment