Wednesday, April 26, 2017

NYC ***2 0 1 7***

Over Spring break, we took a fun trip to NYC. On our way there, we stopped in Rehoboth Beach and enjoyed this cute little beach town. So many fun shops and it was super dog friendly.  We didn't have Fynley with us, but we loved seeing all of the cute dogs. From Rehoboth, we took a ferry to Cape May to continue our journey up the east coast.

We stayed the night in Asbury Park, NJ, and had a delicious bagel the next morning. From there, it was on to New York City. It was a fun to drive into the city and John was eager to take a spin around the city before we made it to our hotel. I was impressed with his NYC driving skills. He handled it all very well.

We checked into the Affinia Shelburne (a hotel where we had previously stayed) and then we were ready for an afternoon of fun. We walked to Times Square, had lunch at a diner (Scotty's), and then went to see the Broadway show On Your Feet (so good). After dinner, we headed back to the hotel and then went to a great restaurant (Jackson Hole) not far away. After dinner, we walked to the Baked by Melissa shop for our favorite mini cupcakes.

The next day was busy with an early morning visit to the Today Show where Shelly high-fived Al Roker!!! Then breakfast (at a Chick Fil-A in New York) and a visit at Madame Tussauds Wax Museum. We took a walk to Tiffany's (where John bought me my birthday gift). We enjoyed some time hanging out in Central Park and we did some great people watching. From there, we hopped on the subway to the 9/11 memorial. The lines were long for the actual museum, but we spent time at the outdoor memorial which was beautiful. We had lunch in the area (at Skinny Pizza) and then took a subway back to the American Museum of Natural History. We all agreed this was our least favorite stop on our whirlwind NYC trip. After checking out the museum, we took a taxi to our hotel and enjoyed the wine reception in the lobby (John and I). We all took a visit to the rooftop and loved the views of the city from high above the buildings. 

We had dinner at the hotel restaurant (Rare) and headed for dessert at the Shake Shack (yummy).

Our final morning in NYC, we went to breakfast at Delmonico's and then took another scenic drive around the city. From New York, we headed to Virginia to tour around James Madison University. Six hours later, we arrived at the college and were able to experience a great walk around the school in some beautiful weather. We had dinner at a yummy Mexican restaurant in Harrisonburg and then we were off again to head home. We arrived back at the house at about 11:15 and were all worn out from our adventure. It was a terrific road trip with the family and another fun opportunity to make memories with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment