Thursday, June 15, 2017

Junior Year Complete

Lily successfully completed her Junior Year of high school on Tuesday morning. She took her final exam in math and she was done. Lily has exhibited so much poise, endurance, and motivation during her first year at a new high school. I have thought about her situation often and I'm always impressed with the way she faced this new challenge. 

I'm not going to say it was all rainbows and happiness. There were moments that tears were shed and things seemed pretty bleak, but she forged ahead. I'm thankful that along the way she encountered teachers and students who made things a little easier and encouraged Lily.

Lily was on the Executive Board of the SCA and she met new people, became involved with the school, and learned to be more empathetic with others. A skill that will last a lifetime. Something that I'm not sure all high school students possess. And, although, it was sometimes a difficult lesson for her, it has made her a kinder and happier person. 



And, as my mother would say---Out of all bad, comes good. I think that's exactly where Lily is right now. She's ready to embrace the good!

No comments:

Post a Comment