Saturday, October 28, 2017

Kitchen Memories



Years ago when I moved into my own apartment, my mother gave me a few things to get me started in my new kitchen. She gave me her yellow mixing spoons and her oven mitts. 

I loved these items. Not because they were brand new and looked stylish, but because they were my mom's. They conjured up so many memories of my young life in my parent's home.
But, like most older items, they were becoming a little dingy and in need of replacement. So, I bought some new oven mitts and found a few mixing spoons at TJ Maxx. I debated about what to do next with these old pieces that held so many fond memories. So, I whipped out my phone and took photos of them so that I could  remember all of the happy thoughts they invoked.





And, yes, I did finally throw the mitts and the old spoons away.


No comments:

Post a Comment