Saturday, June 23, 2018

Whoa!

Ok, so my last post was on February 15th of this year. So much has happened since then. So, I will attempt to recap the last four months.

John, Lily, and I went to James Madison University in February for a CHOICES orientation of accepted students. It was a fun weekend in Harrisonburg. Shelly spent her weekend in Williamsburg at the Great Wolf Lodge with a friend.


In February, we had the kitchen backsplash tiled and were thrilled with the outcome.







John and the girls took a trip to North Carolina and I stayed back and enjoyed a walk on the beach with Fynley. The sky was beautiful.






Lily and her friends cheered on her high school basketball team as they made their way to the state finals.





On March 5th, I took a drive down to 47th Street at the beach where my mom has a brick dedicated to her in a beautiful garden. I sat for quite awhile and chatted with her and really felt peaceful with the sun on my face and the ocean breeze behind me.




On that same date, the 5th, Lily found out if she had been accepted to Virginia Tech. And, she had!!!! We were beyond thrilled for her. She immediately let us know she wanted to be a Hokie! It was a great day and I'd like to think my mom had a little hand in helping Lily along the way.


Lily served as one of two presenters for the National Honor Society induction at her school.



At the end of March, we celebrated my dad's 85th birthday with a family party. We had everyone over for stromboli and cake. As a special gift for my father, we asked loved ones and some well known people he admired to write a letter to him. We presented him with a box of letters filled with memories from his past and present. It was a great evening for all of us.





John and I are the co-owners of a new company and we are happy to see it growing and becoming successful. Shelly and I accompanied him one night when he was working on a project at the airport.



We celebrated Easter early and then set off on a trip to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami for Spring Break. It was such a fun family adventure and I'm always happy when we are able to travel together.











More updates to come!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment