Sunday, March 05, 2006

03.05.06

I have this crazy fascination with pens. Well, I have had an obsession with pens for years, but most recently that obsession had subsided a bit. So, while in the shower (my favorite place for thinking) today, I realized it had been a very long time since I purchased some fun pens. I am a flair pen fanatic and I also love the Pilot V5 pens. I love color...pink, purple, lime green, etc. So, while out with the family at Wal-Mart (ugh, not my favorite, but today we went to the new decent one), I picked up 3 new V5 pens and 6 new Flairs...all in fun colors. I was so excited about these pens that I sat down and wrote 4 hand-written letters...that I plan to put in the US mail! This got me to thinking about email and postal mail. It is amazing how old the news becomes when you sit and write a letter. When I write an email the news arrives immediately! There is no delay and the info is right there in front of you. But, I love to see people's handwriting and enjoy the nuance of their words. I also think it is extremely thoughtful when you receive a handwritten note - something that took time to figure out. The paper, the pen, the address, the stamp...it is extraordinarily thoughtful...in the sense that it takes lots of thought! Anyway, I am rambling tonight. So, here are my new pens:

No comments:

Post a Comment