Tuesday, May 02, 2006

05.02.06

Some major home remodeling is taking place our way! It's not quite what you're thinking though. This home remodel involves a 37 year old house that I got for my 3rd birthday. My parents worked together to create the perfect dollhouse for me and I loved it! My dad constructed the house and my mom was in charge of interior design. Although it still had all of the elements they were beginning to look a bit tired. So, I brought the dollhouse back to our house and let it sit in the garage for about 6 months while I gathered up inspiration for it's redo. Yesterday, we started the process...removing old contact paper and vinyl flooring. It was no easy task, but once it was done, it was ready for a facelift. The girls were excited and eager to help along the way. We put a fresh coat of white paint on it, repainted the shutters from blue to black, and decided the once red door would now be bright pink!!! I have been rewallpapering with some of my fun scrapbooking papers. It is coming along, but not quite done. We need new carpet, kitchen floor, and windows. Along the way we even knocked a wall down Exteme Makeover style! Well, actually the wall fell down and we decided to enlarge the den area! So, here are some of our in progress photos and my mom is coming up with an original picture of the house from 1969!

2 comments:

  1. Makes me want to restore my old one for my daughter! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:37 AM

    Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
    »

    ReplyDelete