Wednesday, August 09, 2006

08.09.06

So many things to discuss. Yesterday was the teacher breakfast and it went off without a hitch. I got 20 dozen doughnuts for 80 teachers and they only made it through about 1/3 of the boxes. So, we distributed the remaining ones to the teachers' lounges along with the juice that was left over. I guess I overplanned slightly.

The girls and I went to the Y and signed Lily up for cheerleading in the fall. She is so excited about it. Practice starts in September and games are played on Saturdays at the Y. It should be fun.

After the Y, we hit Target. Target has not been doing it for me, lately. Not too sure why but I am hoping for bigger and better things from them soon. I keep myself informed of all things Target through this site.

And after the big T, we went to Artquest. This place is all about ART! You can paint, draw, color, make clay objects...you name it. We spent a little over 2 hours playing with crafts! Shelly wasn't too wild about the mess on her hands and so we kept a wet paper towel with us to keep the girl clean. I'll post some pictures of the masterpieces created there.

And, in big news...Lily's Kindergarten teacher let us in on a secret...we know who her teacher is for 1st grade and I am absolutely thrilled. I think she will do well with her.

Tomorrow, my parents arrive in the afternoon and then we go to school for Open House night and to officially meet Lily's teacher. An exciting time of year for new things. Fun.

Here is a layout I did after snapping a photo of the girls' pedicures. This was Shelly's first toenail painting adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment