Monday, August 14, 2006

08.13.06

My parents have been here since Thursday. I love seeing them and being able share my life with them while they are in North Carolina. The girls adore them and love spending time playing and laughing while they are here. They head back to VB tomorrow morning.

Lily begins 1st grade tomorrow. I am sad, yet, eager to see her make her way in another grade with a different teacher and new friends. She is very fortunate that 3 of her neighborhood girlfriends are going to be in her class. So, I am hoping that will help to make the transition a bit easier for her this year.

I am struggling with her heading back to school. Shelly and I will be a bit lonely without our funny little girl here every morning and each day. I will miss watching their bond and I will miss relaxing during the day with them. It has been an incredible summer with my girls. They have both changed so much and grown as little girls. I adore the time I spend with them and am so thankful that I have this time. It is precious and unique. Forever, I will feel comfortable with the fact that we spent tons of quality time together when they were growing up.

So, I will definitely shed a tear or two after drop off tomorrow and think of many more separations to come as they both get older. But, they will always have “home” to come back to whenever they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment