Friday, March 16, 2007

03.16.07

Yesterday I went to Target with Lily (she had the day off) and I purchased a cute little address book for $1.28. The reason this was significant was the fact that I could now go back to the old days (that's pre-computer days)...putting my addresses in a little book that I could carry with me. As great as the computer can be, I was really disliking the way I had to go to the computer for my addresses. It just wasn't convenient or effective. Now, all of my addresses are located in this cute little book and I am happy. Doesn't take much!

Also, I have set some goals in 2007 and I am really feeling good about achieving those goals. I don't like to talk about these much because they feel so personal and I hate being scrutinized by others where my goals are concerned. But, I am pleased that two of my big goals are working out well for me.

The first, was to learn how to sew before our Disney trip. I wanted to create a few little things for the girls for the trip and I knew I needed to pull out the sewing machine to make these items. Since the 24th of February, I have been buying fabric and coming up with new design ideas and making them into something tangible. I am really excited about this.

My second goal was to get healthier for me and my children. I wanted to be able to play and move easily when outside with my girls and live for a long time. So for 14 days I have been getting up at 6:06 a.m. (it is really dark at that hour...FYI) and walking for about 35-40 minutes. Thanks to my iPod this isn't that difficult. I am looking forward to my 21st day. They say doing something for 21 days makes it a habit. Hope that's true. So, here's to goal making and as Lily would say, "you have to believe in order to achieve!"
Here are a few photos of the princesses top and dress I created for the girls. As always, don't look too closely, please:

1 comment:

  1. Aren't you the smart one... and give yourself a pat on the back. It really take self disciplne to get up early to walk but you are right the rewards make it worth it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete