Sunday, March 18, 2007

03.18.07

Some Random Thoughts:

I am usually a person whose frustration level with projects can come on me rather quickly. For some odd reason, this sewing gig has not revealed itself to me this way. Is it that I'm getting older and oddly more patient??? Or could it be that I am doing something just for me/just for fun? I wonder and I pray it lasts.

We (meaning the girls and me) spent most of the day indoors yesterday...it was cold and windy outdoors. We had fun playing games, organizing, sewing, writing a story (Lily worked on this for 3 hours with a 15 minute lunch break...no joke), straightening up the hovel (aka the small playroom/craft room), opening a Christmas gift to play with, using the computer...just filling the hours with laughs and peacefulness.

We (meaning all of us) did get out of the house for a dinner at Turk's...a local sports restuarant to eat and view the neverending basketball games. Tip: don't go there for the food.

Then we all decided we must have ice cream. So, we headed into Reidsville for an ice cream joint and sure enough, we found one. It's called Mayberry's (how cute is that name) and their hot fudge cake rivals my all time favorite hot fudge cake from Shoney's. Yummy.

We all wore green today in honor of St. Patty's day.

I have loved the past four days with my girls...no school and fun times.

I am thankful for my husband. He spent the morning/afternoon spreading mulch and fertilizer. I am glad he knows what he's doing when it comes to our yard and that he does it.

I completed two more headbands yesterday and a small little tote bag for Lily that she is using as a diaper bag for her baby dolls.

Now for the pictures:


1 comment:

  1. Precious, precious, precious... I love your headbands! I am so jealous of your creativity. Lucky daughters to have such a talented MOM.

    ReplyDelete