Monday, August 27, 2007

08.27.07

We finished out the last weekend before school starts with great company and good times. John's aunt and uncle were here visiting and we all went to Smith Mountain Lake and rented a boat for the day. It was peaceful and relaxing. A perfect day on the water.






Today is the big day for Lily. She headed off to the bus stop and on to the bus for her first day in 2nd grade. She looked so cute and was very eager to get to school. She said she was a little nervous and it felt like she had butterflies in her tummy. I know Lily will do well and be a great success. I was weepy last night before I went to sleep and got choked up several times this morning thinking about her heading off to school. I was not as easy as Lily when it came to going off to school. I cried for several years about going and really hated the idea of leaving my mother behind. So, I find that I internalize many of those feelings and have a hard time realizing that Lily will be just fine. I am so thankful that she is strong and brave. She is a good girl and a great little student. I know she will be fine.


As I worry about my second grader going to elementary school, I am also thinking of my two sister-in-laws who sent their daughters off to college this week. I can only imagine what that will be like in 10 years!!! Pass the box of tissues, now!

Well, I think I have convinced myself that Lily is going to make it...I just hope I do!!!! And away she goes...

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the pics, K! Those girls of yours are just TOO gorgeous. Shelly's eyes are so stunning. Their personalities really come through your photos. Reminds me of a couple of girlies I'm quite familiar with. ;o) Beautiful. Loved the update. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to add how grown up and pretty Lily looked on her first day of school. LOoOoOVE her outfit. Suits her perfectly!

    ReplyDelete