Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Love Story

Recently, I have become super consumed, obsessed, inspired, etc. by this blog. From reading her many entries I realized I needed (for myself mostly) to document my love story. Well, mine and Peaches (dh). This story may take awhile and so I will tell the tale in nice little chunks here and there (similar to my current blog idol).

For about 9 years, I had dated the same person. We met when I was 21 and I was very taken by him. As time went on, I became one of those girls who changes things about themselves to make a boy happy. I began to lose my identity and I was merely this person's girlfriend. It was a long nine years of thinking that I would one day marry this guy. We started dating when we were both living in Virginia Beach. Over time, he moved to South Carolina, Richmond, VA, North Carolina, California, and New Jersey. For 8 years and 9 months, we were always in different cities...long distance romance was difficult and underwhelming. I would never recommend it to anyone for longer than a week. During this time, I had some serious talks/prayers with God. I asked for an answer to my situation and hoped that he would put us in the same place and allow us to marry. Fortunately, my prayers went unanswered and in July of 1996, I broke off our relationship officially over the telephone with my sweet little Himalayan cat, Chardonnay, by my side. This was the final break up of several over that year. One particular break up had occurred when I was visiting him in San Francisco. I got off the plane on a Friday morning and by Saturday afternoon I was back on a plane heading across the country back to my home. Once my decision was official, I cried for about 4 minutes, snuggled with my cat, and turned the light off for one of my best night's sleep. The next morning, I filled my beach bag with my Cosmopolitan magazine, a towel, and sun tan lotion (minus the SPF). On my way to the beach I stopped and got my favorite Hardee's unsweetened iced tea with lemon. Meeting up with two of my girlfriends, I told them the big break up news and they could see the weight being lifted from my shoulders as I spoke. It was a good day.

Now, obviously this is not the love story. But, I promise it is coming and it gets better!

1 comment:

  1. omg I love this blog it actually talks about something I wrote in my blog for today, if you like a good read check out my blog http://davincisbloglog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete