Friday, January 18, 2008

Love Story #3

After hearing about this (hot) policeman, I decided I would gussy myself up and attend our blind date. I put on my cute little tan shorts that zipped up the back and a really cute black top that had skinny straps that criss crossed at the neck (outfits are very important to me). I slipped on my black tiny heeled shoes and turned to my cat, Misty, and told her to wish me luck. I believe she did with the swish of her tail.

I arrived at the restaurant at 7:00 on the dot and my friends (the couple who was setting us up) were there, as well. The only thing missing...the blind date policeman. We sat in a booth on the bar side. The couple sat across from me and I had my back to the door. My friend said, "Karol, I think that's him". I did a slight turn and saw this tall, tan, dark haired guy standing by the table. I really think that my jaw may have dropped, but I would never want to actually admit that!!! I scooted over in the booth and he sat next to me. We said a couple of polite hellos and such and then I went back to talking to my friend and he talked to the fella. Finally, I asked where he went to high school and when he graduated. I was so concerned he was about to tell me he graduated in 1990 or something in that range. But, to my delight, he said 1984...the same year I graduated from another local high school. We then realized that we had attended the same junior high school at the same time. And then from there, we discussed all of the people that we both knew. It was amazing how many people we had in common. It was beginning to be a very small world. After a couple of drinks, my friend and I excused ourselves and went to the restroom. When he stood up, I scanned his attire and well, his physique. He had on dark green shorts and a dark blue motorcycle police officer polo. It fit his arms perfectly and then I realized it...there were the strong arms I had mentioned a few months back!!! We proceeded to the restroom and my friend and I discussed all of his finer attributes...hot, hot, hot!!! Really he was a dreamboat and I was ready to sail away.

When we came back to the table, the boys were ready to move on to another venue. So, we dropped my car off at my cute little apartment and then piled into his Thunderbird. He was playing a U2 cd and I was impressed with his music choice. We continued to dinner where we chatted it up a bit more and discovered more similarities in our pasts. After dinner, we all chose another bar to hit. Once there, I was really falling for the dreamboat. But, I was ready to hang out with just him. We dropped off the other couple and then continued our night of fun at yet, another bar...this was the beginning of a wonderful relationship!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment