Monday, January 28, 2008

The Pictures Just Keep on Comin'



Ok, as if you haven't seen enough incriminating photos of me as a young girl, I thought I'd add another. Here I am in front of our house on Abbey Drive modeling by the big tree. This was taken in May of '78. That is just a month after I turned 12. Wow, I am rockin' the tucked in shirt, belt, and jeans look. And apparently it was mandatory that my eyeglasses needed to be about 1/2 the size of my face.
An interesting note to this photo. The house in the background was where my friend, Kim Craig, lived. We played together all the time. She was quiet and loved to play Barbies, school, and kickball...all my favorites. When she was in 10th grade and I was a 9th grader she died from spinal meningitis. At this point, we had moved and I hadn't really seen Kim in about two years. I found out about her death before school started while I was attending a club meeting. My mom, who taught at the same junior high I attended, came to the classroom and told me. Instantly, I had flashbacks of our days hanging out together...inventing games, making forts, and hiding from her brothers. I was so stunned and shocked, I don't quite remember my reaction. I just remember that it was a sad day and with that day so many memories seemed to fade.

1 comment:

  1. Loving the trips down memory lane. Keep them coming! Makes me wish I had a scanner. Love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete